Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Random Act of Kindness and Yummy Awesomeness!


Soooooooooo…I just came back from getting some Pizza. (I know, I know!) I’m supposed to be on a quest to lose 7 pounds, but after having one of THE best plates of Spaghetti last night…I went back to the spot to try a slice or 2 of some good ole fashioned Pizza. I just wanted to see if they were consistent. *Wink*

While I’m waiting outside, reading my copy of the New Times, a homeless man walks up to me. I hate that! Not just because he’s a homeless man but I hate being ambushed. I also hate the idea of Homelessness and anyone who knows me personally KNOWS that I’m a sucker and will give up a dollar or 2 with the quickness.

Somewhere in the Bible…(Not sure where or how it’s worded) it talks about how we shouldn’t let people go hungry. I’m not ballin’. I closed my Savings account. And my clients owe me so much money that I have to always make payment arrangements with my cell phone company…but I digress. I won’t let someone in front of me be hungry.

So back to the dude...Homeless. Stinky. Smokers teeth. Hunched over. Asked me for a nickel. So I asked him what the fuck he was going to do with a nickel?! He said, “it adds up. Most people don’t want to give me paper money. They give me change and by the end of the night I usually can get a slice and something to drink.”

Okay here come the tears! Fact about me: I’m tolerant of NOTHING and sensitive to EVERYTHING. So I gave him a nickel and told him not to move. I went inside to get my food and a bottle of water and said FUCK IT!

I grabbed buku napkins and a tray then went back outside with the 2 slices of fresh-out-the-oven Pizza…NO TOPPINGS of course. I keeps it simple.

I gave it all to him. No questions. Didn’t even get his name. He looked old enough to be someone’s father…my father. I’d want someone to do that for him if he were alive and in this kind of trouble. He thanked me. Wanted to hug me but I just wanted him to eat. He already had half a slice in his mouth before I stepped off the curb.

But then this happened…some random dude runs up and grabs me by the arm. Whoah! I guess since I put my earphones back on that quickly…I couldn’t hear him calling me.

This guy…he was watching me interact with the homeless dude. That would usually creep me out but keep reading!

He saw me and said he was moved. Okay? Then he gave me $20.00 and walked away. Huh? I walked behind him and grabbed his arm. I told him that it was okay. He told me he really wanted me to have it and hopes that I go ahead and buy myself my own slices. He wished me a good evening and kept it moving.

WOW!

I went back and got 2 slices. Homeless dude was GONE! But I sat outside and ate with a huge smile on my face. Yup! That was awesome.

Yummy awesomeness!

23 comments:

  1. Dope. The world needs more of yous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great a story! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great story. you made me smile.YUMMY AWESOMENESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to take you out after this.

    It's your friend from Philippe Chow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tell great stories. Yummy awesomeness!

      Delete
  5. I think I did that wrong but i can say it again. You tell great stories. Yummy awesomeness! Put that on a shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whhat a great story miss jean! Gold star for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was awesome!!! xoxo Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very touching event. Congrats and God bless you for giving of yourself to those in need. May I have some awesome? Your cup runneth over

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a touching story when u give you certainly get back that was a quick turn around to in your case. Also makes you think whatever you going thru it could be worse you know. That's why I try to make habit of counting blessings and not problems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a touching story when u give you certainly get back that was a quick turn around to in your case. Also makes you think whatever you going thru it could be worse you know. That's why I try to make habit of counting blessings and not problems.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so right about that. I feel upset about homelessness in America and in the world. Makes no sense that there are more homeless and hungry children in the U.S. than adults. This was a great story and Im glad you shared it. I love your writing. Its so cute! Yummy Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story. Big heart. I can see your smile from here. And your yummy awesomeness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute story! Miss you Cuzzo! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! The best acts of kindness are ones that are done with no expectation of a return favor. Salute Mocha! Dwight-Rock The World, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so fabulous! I love this. Keep doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thought you were going to say you took that $20 and bought a lottery ticket and hit for $10,000. Come on now you're the writer.. LOL

    Naw, it's great to see generosity get acknowledged.

    I'z proud of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great story and I love your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete